Requirements (All requirements are mandatory)
- Accepted genres: documentary, fiction, animation, or a hybrid
- The film submitted must begin with the mandatory intro and end with the outro, both of which can be downloaded here below.
- Maximum duration: 3 minutes - excluding the mandatory intro and outro
- Language: If dialogue, it must have English subtitles and/or be in English
- Format: .mp4 or .mov
- You accept our Terms and Conditions
- Final Deadline: 1st of March 2023
- Films that do not comply with content, format, and rights guidelines will not be considered. This is decided sovereignly by the organization.
Terms and Conditions
- Deadline 1st of March 2023.
- Submission must be done via the submission page
- No submission fees
- Films submitted must comply with the Guidelines which can be downloaded on the submission page.
- Film premiere is not required.
- Promotional films are not accepted (e.g. educational, industrial, advertising, tourist films etc.).
- By submitting your work, you declare that the material submitted is the result of your own work, that you have not plagiarized the work of others, and that all sources and materials used (e.g. film, sound, artwork, images, participants) are rights-cleared and licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). Example of liability: Copenhagen Architecture Festival shall not be liable for any allegations of copyright and trademark infringement concerning material submitted by contributors.
The organizers will appoint a selection committee besides the currently appointed jury members that will oversee the final selection for the competition.
The organizers may also authorize persons, whom they consider competent, to pre-select films for the selection committee or directly to the competition.
- All submitted films that comply with the content, Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of the film competition will be published on the website dedicated to the competition. After your film has been submitted it will undergo a process of reviewing and publication. New material will not be published after June 2023.
- Films that do not comply with the content, Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of the film competition will not be published.
- Final selection screenings in April 2023 for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize.
- Winners will be notified of the selection results no later than mid-May 2023.
If your film is selected among the 3 winners
- Upload of cinema screening format no later than end of May 2023.*
- An email specifying the technical requirements for cinema screening and a link for upload will be sent out to you
- ALL films with dialogue must have hardcoded English subtitles if English is not the spoken language.
- CAFx is authorized to use a short excerpt (max. 1,5 minutes) of the film in a radio, TV or video programme presenting CAFx – Copenhagen Architecture Festival.
- All film and music rights and clearances must have been obtained by the filmmakers (in accordance with CC BY-NC 4.0).
- You cannot withdraw your film from the CAFx competition after selection by the CAFx-selection committee.
- CAFx is authorized to screen selected films as part of a Best of CAFx FILM MOSAIC 2023-tour in selected cities around the world.
* The festival reserves the right to refuse or cancel the screening of any film if advised by authorized technicians that the film is not of sufficient quality to ensure satisfactory public screening.
Rights and copyright regulation
By submitting your work you as contributor/s agree to license the material submitted under the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0), which grants Copenhagen Architecture Festival the irrevocable right to:
- Redistribute the material via the Film Mosaic: Leave No One Behind, accessible as a free-of-charge online resource on an official platform to be utilized by for debate events, exhibitions, articles, inspiration, etc.
- Promote and screen the material at relevant film festivals and initiatives.
By submitting a film, you accept our Data Policy in accordance with the GDPR. Read more about CAFx data policy.